This is our recommended after care regime:
1.Remove the wrapping from your tattoo about 1.5 to 2 hours after getting tattooed.
2.Wash your hands with Antibacterial Soap.
3. The first time you wash your tattoo, you will see that a layer of gooey plasma may have accumulated under the cling wrap - this is normal.Firmly wash off all this gooey substance with your hand (DO NOT use a cloth or exfoliator).
4. Leave the tattoo to AIR DRY for about 15 minutes.
5. Avoid swimming for the first 2 weeks of healing.
6. Apply a THIN layer of Bepanthan and ensure the butter is absorbed into the skin allowing it to breathe.
7. Repeat this procedure 3 times a day for the next 4 days.
8. Always remember to wash your hands before washing your tattoo.
9. DO NOT share after care products with anyone. Cross contamination can cause infection and spread disease.
GENERAL TATTOO CARE
1. Keep moisturized and use SPF when going into the sun.
2. DO NOT use SPF whilst the tattoo is still healing. Rather just keep the tattoo out of the sun.
3. It is OK to take a bath or shower whilst healing but DO NOT SOAK the tattoo in water.
4. It is advisable NOT to do any sports/ strenuous activity the day after your tattoo.
5. When exercising during the healing period, make sure to give your tattoo a good wash after any exercise.
6. IN THE GYM - make sure your tattoo does not come into contact with sweaty benches or machinery.
7. You can apply an Opsite Flexigrid Plaster if you intend doing anything out of the ordinary, like extreme sports or contact sports, during the healing period. This is available at pharmacies, consult pharmacist for application.
9. Please do not use Zambuk or Tea Tree oil to heal your tattoo.